Now you have the extension up and running. It's time to start annotating some documents.
- Create an account using the sidebar on the right of the screen.
Pin the Hypothesis extension in Chrome (1 and 2), then activate the
sidebar by clicking the button in the location bar (3).
- Go forth and annotate!
There are a few types of annotations that can be created with the application:
Create a note by selecting some text and clicking the button
Highlights can be created by clicking the button. Try it on this sentence.
You can reply to any annotation by using the reply action on every card.
Annotations are either public and visible to everyone or private and visible only to you.
These annotations are visible to everyone both in the document itself and our public stream.
Private annotations are visible only to you when logged in.
Use the button to toggle highlight visibility on a page.
Sharing a page
Use the button to get a sharable link to the page with annotations.
- View the product roadmap to check out what we're working on.
- Request features, report bugs and meet other users in our discussion forums.
- If you need help please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Visit our website to learn more about the project.
- Check out the code on GitHub.