1 Matching Annotations
- Sep 2020
Chickering and Gamson (1987), forexample, suggested seven principles were central to suchteaching: encouraging faculty/student contact, developing reci-procity and cooperation among students, using active learningstrategies, offering rapid feedback, emphasizing time on task,communicating high expectations, and respecting diversetalents and ways of learning.
Chickering and Gamson's seven principles were the foundation for learner-centered education (1987).
- Encouraging faculty/student contact
- Developing reciprocity and cooperation among students
- Using active learning strategies
- Offering rapid feedback
- Emphasizing time on task
- Communicating high expectations
- Respecting diverse talents and ways of learning
Habanek's (2005) descriptive study of learner-centered syllabus design.