- Oct 2020
Australia's Cyber Security Strategy: $1.66 billion dollar cyber security package = AFP gets $88 million; $66 million to critical infrastructure organisations to assess their networks for vulnerabilities; ASD $1.35 billion (over a decade) to recruit 500 officers.
Reasons Dutton gives for package:
- child exploitation
- criminals scamming, ransomware
- foreign governments taking health data and potential attacks to critical infrastructure
What is defined as critical infrastructure is expanded and subject to obligations to improve their defences.
Supporting cyber resilience of SMEs through information, training, and services to make them more secure.
- Australian Signals Directorate ASD
- Australian Federal Police AFP
- Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission ACIC
- Australia's Cyber Security Strategy 2020
- cyber related in Australia