3 Matching Annotations
- Dec 2020
Our team is building open source community tools and Svelte fits our identity as an independent labor of love with an organic community.
With some frameworks, you may find your needs at odds with the enterprise-level goals of a megacorp owner, and you may both benefit and sometimes suffer from their web-scale engineering. Svelte’s future does not depend on the continued delivery of business value to one company, and its direction is shaped in public by volunteers.
- future of project depending on continued delivery of business value to one company
- balance of power
- open-source projects: allowing community (who are not on core team) to influence/affect/steer the direction of the project
- community (for a project or product)
- at odds with
- open source community
- fits nicely
- labor of love
- co-op (organization/governance)
- organic community
- conflict of interest
- more interested in their own interests
- business interests/needs overriding interests/needs of users
- Feb 2019
Work with what you have, to support the people around you and together you'll create a community that has a defined shape and form only in hindsight. Instead of worrying about having enough onboarding ramps, I say we make a future space that is so exciting, so fun, that is such a cool party with lights so bright that everyone wants to build their own methods to get here and join in. And I thought: what's the coolest, most party thing in the world? Reading.