- Dec 2019
She had become perfect for him.
"It's awfully late", he warned her
Her eyes had mockery in them, and she laughed
Her feet, swinging up and down high in the air, seemed to be nodding at him.
---"not doing the can-can, for God's sake.
“You’re glad to be rid of me, aren’t you?” he said.
- He is trying to make excuses to redeem himself for cheating on his wife.
- Gwen became exactly like Pigmalion's first wife
- Maybe she knew where her husband was going?
- As in Shaw's play, he wants his wives to become something they are not
- Pigmalion is disappointed in Gwen and does not feel like having sex
- Again he is trying to get approval for his wrong doings
- Guilt makes him wish his wife was actually pushing him to his love affair