6 Matching Annotations
- Dec 2020
Better community building: At the moment, MDN content edits are published instantly, and then reverted if they are not suitable. This is really bad for community relations. With a PR model, we can review edits and provide feedback, actually having conversations with contributors, building relationships with them, and helping them learn.
- pull request workflow
- encouraging feedback
- helping others to learn
- relationship (people)
- open source community
- opportunity to improve/fix something
- community building
- receiving feedback
- online community
- community (for a project or product)
- community relations
- wiki model
- reverting a previous decision/change/commit
- reverting: creates negative experience
- helping others
- Aug 2020
FWIW, I would have raised it earlier if I thought it would have made a difference.
This is different from apathy; it's more like powerlessness.
- soliciting contributions
- powerless to change something but would if they could
- soliciting feedback
- encouraging/soliciting participation
- empowering individual users
- people would say something if they thought it would make a difference
- empowering people
- May 2020
- Feb 2020
it is worth opening a merge request with the minimal viable change instead of opening an issue encouraging open feedback on the problem without proposing any specific change directly.