- Jan 2022
Unfortunately, the part that deals with SOAP transformations is not free.
- Feb 2021
What is the opposite of free content?
The opposite of free/open-source software is proprietary software or non-free software (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_software).
So should we call the opposite of free content "non-free content"? Or "proprietary content"?
Seems likes either would be fine.
Looks like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Non-free_content prefers the term "non-free content".
Couldn't find anyone contrasting these 2 terms (like I could no doubt find for software):
Not to be confused with:
- paid content ... just like:
- free content should not be confused with gratis content (?)
- free software should not be confused with freeware
What this means is: I better refrain from writing a new book and we rather focus on more and better docs.
I'm glad. I didn't like that the book (which is essentially a form of documentation/tutorial) was proprietary.
I think it's better to make documentation and tutorials be community-driven free content
- I'm glad they did it this way
- non-free content
- free content
- I agree
- focus on the user
- finally / at last
- community-driven development
- welcome/good change
- annotation meta: inherit same annotation/tags
- knowledge commons (information/data/content)