3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
No one has requested it before so it's certainly not something we're planning to add.
I'm sure there will be a few other people out there who eventually want something like this, since Interactions are actually a great fit for enforcing consistency in data structures when working with a schemaless NoSQL store, but obviously it's still a bit of a niche audience.
To give a little more context, structures like this often come up in my work when dealing with NoSQL datastores, especially ones that rely heavily on JSON, like Firebase, where a records unique ID isn't part of the record itself, just a key that points to it. I think most Ruby/Rails projects tend towards use cases where these sort of datastores aren't appropriate/necessary, so it makes sense that this wouldn't come up as quickly as other structures.
- component/library author can't consider/know ahead of time all of the ways users may want to use it
- where it shines / best application
- use cases
- supporting uncommon use cases
- smaller/minority/specific/niche audience
- there is a need/niche for it