2 Matching Annotations
- Jan 2023
Finally, a culture that rewards big personal accomplishments over smaller social ones threatens to create a cohort of narcissists
Just as the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans gobble up a disproportionate share of the nation’s economic resources and rejigger our institutions to funnel them benefits and power, so too do our educational 1 percent suck up a disproportionate share of academic
opportunities, and threaten to reconfigure academic culture so that it both mimics and serves their values
- The narcissist cohort is already here. If the 1% did not have the unreasonably high sense of their own importance they would have given a chance to the 99% to have the same gain or at least the same education.
- Not surprised at all. The monopole has always been in the hand of the wealthy