- Sep 2023
- for: Christian nationalism, Christian national, far right politics, Christian right, political extremism, MAGA fuel
- the extreme right, MAGA Republican party is fueled by a movement composed of threatened Christian nationalists entering politics to assert power.
- The extremism in the far right politics is in direct proportion to the high degree to which they perceive threat
- Religious faith can inspire extremely powerful emotional responses and devotion. When combined with politics this can lead to extreme events, such as the Jan. 6 insurrection.
- The mobilization of Christian nationals into local school boards has turned education into a political battleground.
- Apr 2022
- Mar 2022
This is a moment that we should seize, in all seriousness, in order to take on the two huge existential plagues that face us this morning: the climate crisis, outlined in this new IPCC report, and the fact that we have a madman with nuclear weapons who’s used the revenues from oil and gas to intimidate and terrify the entire world.
This is the critical observation - everything is interconnected. It is a nexus of problems that requires that we deal with all dimensions of the problem simultaneously.
Putin is the nexus of so much that is wrong with the world. He is like an octopus that has its arms in multiple crisis of the planet.
The political polarization of the US, the ascendancy of the puppet government of Trump and the blatant cognitive dissonance of the extreme right who are impervious to facts is reminiscent of the propaganda imposed upon the Russian people themselves for one reason - it was part of Putin's master plan: https://youtu.be/FxgBuhMBXSA The US population has been split by Putin's information warfare system, the same one he uses on the Russian population.
The fake news programmed by Russian propaganda about the Ukraine war has worked effectively to mislead the Russian populus: https://youtu.be/kELta9MLOzg The same pattern of psychological manipulation has also had the same impact in the belief system of the typical hardcore Trumpist.
- Putin climate change
- Putin's puppet
- political polarization
- fossil fuel corruption
- Russian pyschops
- American political interference
- Extreme right