3 Matching Annotations
- May 2020
This is it. I'm done with Page Translator, but you don't have to be. Fork the repo. Distribute the code yourself. This is now a cat-and-mouse game with Mozilla. Users will have to jump from one extension to another until language translation is a standard feature or the extension policy changes.
You might try this extension: https://github.com/andreicristianpetcu/google_translate_this It does the same thing in the same way as Page Translator and likely will be blocked by Mozilla, but this is a cat and mouse game worth playing if you rely on full-page in-line language translation.
- automated translation: full-page inline translation
- arbitrary limitations leading to less-than-ideal workarounds
- self-distributed app/extension
- unfortunate policies/laws
- automated translation services
- cat and mouse game
- unintended consequence
- awkward workarounds
- recommending a competing option
- trying to prevent one bad thing leading to people doing/choosing an even worse option