4 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
Trailblazer offers you a new, more intuitive file layout in applications.
Instead of grouping by technology, classes and views are structured by concept, and then by technology. A concept can relate to a model, or can be a completely abstract concern such as invoicing.
Concepts over Technology
While Trailblazer offers you abstraction layers for all aspects of Ruby On Rails, it does not missionize you. Wherever you want, you may fall back to the "Rails Way" with fat models, monolithic controllers, global helpers, etc. This is not a bad thing, but allows you to step-wise introduce Trailblazer's encapsulation in your app without having to rewrite it.
- focus on concepts/design/structure instead of specific/concrete technology/implementation
- allowing developer/user to pick and choose which pieces to use (allowing use with competing libraries; not being too opinionated; not forcing recommended way on you)
- rails: the Rails way
- software development: organization of files
- leaving the details of implementation/integration up to you
- software development: organization of files: by component rather than by file type
- making changes / switching/migrating gradually/incrementally/step-wise/iteratively
- freedom of user to override specific decision of an authority/vendor (software)
- newer/better ways of doing things
- focus on what it should do, not on how it should do it (implementation details; software design)