2 Matching Annotations
- Nov 2020
I've only done components that need to/can be Svelte-ified. For some things, like RTL and layout grid, you can just use the MDC packages.
This is Sass based, and therefore doesn't require Svelte components
Just because we could make Svelte wrapper components for each Material typography [thing], doesn't mean we should.
material-ui [react] did make wrapper components for typography.
- But why did they? Is there a technical reason why they couldn't just do what svelte-material-ui did (as in, something technical that Svelte empowers/allows?), or did they just not consider it?
￼svelte-material-ui did not.
- And they were probably wise to not do so. Just reuse the existing work from the Material team so that there's less work for you to keep in sync and less chance of divergence.
- keep things simple
- reuse/leverage existing _ when possible
- keeping core small
- don't do more work than is necessary
- just because you can doesn't mean you should
- don't reinvent the wheel
- build upon the work of others