3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2023
- There is a spectrum of climate denialism.
- This article focuses on a group called "dismissives", who are afraid of the change that climate change will bring.
- In essence, their climate denialism is a hidden form of eco anxiety
- They can be reacting fearfully
- It also explores the new strategy of climate delay _ One subject not explored here is cognitive biases
many experience a freeze response (fear and inability to act), or indeed a flight response - avoiding the problem altogether.While it can feel counter-intuitive, meeting climate dismissives with compassion can go a long way and help them break free from denial.
- many experience a = freeze response (fear and inability to act), or indeed a = flight response
- avoiding the problem altogether.
- While it can feel counter-intuitive, meeting climate dismissives with = compassion can go a long way and help them break free from denial.
= definition - dismissives - this is the most common form of climate denialism. - It isn't aggressive, but passive - dismissives are aware of climate change but - don't care - avoid it altogether
- climate denialismj
- climate denier
- fight or flight response
- climate delay
- eco anxiety
- climate denialism
- cognitive bias