3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2023
- There is a spectrum of climate denialism.
- This article focuses on a group called "dismissives", who are afraid of the change that climate change will bring.
- In essence, their climate denialism is a hidden form of eco anxiety
- They can be reacting fearfully
- It also explores the new strategy of climate delay _ One subject not explored here is cognitive biases
a new and insidious tactic is threatening to undermine our efforts to build a more sustainable future: climate delay
= climate delay - redirecting responsibility onto individuals - advocating non-transformative solutions - focusing on negatives of climate action - wokewashing and white saviorism - doomism - giving up
- non-transformative solutions
- climate denialism
- white saviorism
- climate denier
- cognitive bias
- redirecting responsiblity
- negatives of climate action
- climate delay
- eco anxiety
- Oct 2021
When we practice active hope, when we look at what people are doing, and we share those stories with others and talk about what we can do together, then we realize that the boulder is already at the top of the hill and is rolling down in the right direction, and has millions of hands on it. It’s just not going fast enough.
This statement is right on. It has now become a question about the RATE of system change we can achieve to avoid a degraded future. The faster we act, the less degraded it will become.