3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2023
The long-term consequences of Russia’s war are less clear. But experts are concerned it may also lock in more future fossil fuel dependence as places like Europe search for replacements for Russian fuel.
- Russian war may increase usage of fuels
- this could make reaching the 1.5 Deg C target more difficult
Most of them are, in general, moving in the right direction. They just aren’t aggressive enough yet to be consistent with the kind of transformative social change required to achieve the 1.5 C target.
- climate change actions
- Most of the climate actions are moving in the right direction.
- but they just aren’t aggressive enough yet to achieve the 1.5 C target.
- right direction, wrong speed
- Reaching 1.5 Deg C target more difficult
- Hamburg climate future
- Hamburg report
- Right direction wrong speed
- 1.5 Deg C target
- Russian war
We conclude that meeting the1.5°C goal is not plausible, although it is not impos-sible. The future scope and pace of social transfor-mations toward climate action would be crucial forattaining the Paris Agreement temperature goals
- meeting 1.5 Deg C goal is not plausible.
- future scope and pace of social transformation towards climate action is crucial to meet the target