- Feb 2023
he wiring up of a civilisation of billions of people, which is itself some steps into a major transition towards complex sociality, faces similar questions
- See references on = John Boik's evidence-based approach to build a social superorganism and Peter Nonacs, Amanda Robin and Kayla Denton's research on = Major System Transition and especially the variables that play the support role of = Facilitating Evolutionary Transition (FET), which include = Major Evolutionary Transition (MET) and = Major Competitive Transition (MCT)
- Jul 2022
Major Evolutionary Transitions and the Roles of Facilitation and Information in Ecosystem Transformations
- Title:Major Evolutionary Transitions and the Roles of Facilitation and Information in Ecosystem Transformations
- Author: Robin et al.
- Date: 2021
- Annotation Status: incomplete
- May 2022
This is the vision of OP Sapiens Star—that human’s evolution is not finished, and that the hyperthreat provides the impetus for a quantum leap into a new way of being. Through achieving a galactically significant mission—saving Earth’s ecological integrity—the Homo sapiens species “stars” within the universe. Humans go from being a menace and fighting one another to being heroic, creative, and tolerant.
This can be interpreted as an instantiation of the hero's journey, in the context of research that combines evolution with ecology as in the research paper: Major Evolutionary Transitions and the Roles of Facilitation and Information in Ecosystem Transformations (Robin et al., 2021).From this lens, cumulative cultural evolution (CCE) was first made possible through spoken language, then accelerated through written language. The authors claim that another Major System Transition (MST).is emerging, which they posit to be abiotic in nature involving Artificial Intelligence.
Faced with a self-induced civilization-scale threat, we may ask whether a major cultural evolution may be necessary to avoid catastrophe and whether it may constitute another MST. Could a rapid higher level global understanding of the epistemological dualism of self and other which undergirds normative alienation, othering and conflict, both with others of our own species, of other species and with the planetary system itself play a major role in the transition?
- Amanda N. Robin
- Major Competitive Transition
- Major System Transition
- Facilitating Evolutionary Transition
- Major Evolutionary Transition
- Peter Nonacs
- Major Evolutionary Transitions