3 Matching Annotations
- Apr 2020
While these particular indictments refer to credit card data, the laws do also reference authentication features. Two of the key points here are knowingly and with intent to defraud.
I could have released this data anonymously like everyone else does but why should I have to? I clearly have no criminal intent here. It is beyond all reason that any researcher, student, or journalist have to be afraid of law enforcement agencies that are supposed to be protecting us instead of trying to find ways to use the laws against us.
For now the laws are on my side because there has to be intent to commit or facilitate a crime
- laws/law enforcement agencies are supposed to be protecting us
- a government for the people?
- fear of prosecution/legal harassment
- researcher rights
- intent to commit/facilitate a crime
- good intentions
- journalist rights
- don't turn innocent people into criminals (through bad laws)