2 Matching Annotations
- Apr 2020
Having said all that, I think this is completely absurd that I have to write an entire article justifying the release of this data out of fear of prosecution or legal harassment. I had wanted to write an article about the data itself but I will have to do that later because I had to write this lame thing trying to convince the FBI not to raid me.
I could have released this data anonymously like everyone else does but why should I have to? I clearly have no criminal intent here. It is beyond all reason that any researcher, student, or journalist have to be afraid of law enforcement agencies that are supposed to be protecting us instead of trying to find ways to use the laws against us.
- a government for the people?
- chilling effect
- journalist rights
- good intentions
- don't turn innocent people into criminals (through bad laws)
- intent to commit/facilitate a crime
- laws/law enforcement agencies are supposed to be protecting us
- researcher rights
- fear of prosecution/legal harassment