- Nov 2020
A heterotroph is an organism that eats plants or animals for nutrients and energy. The words is derived from Greek as hetero means other and trophe means nourishment. Organisms are either autotrophs or heterotrophs.
- Sep 2019
- Dec 2017
A beneficial impact of the fat quality on insulin sensitivity is not seen in individuals with a high fat intake (> 37E%).
This is likely do to the reduced carbohydrate intake rather than increased fat intake. Since carbohydrates generally insulin sensitivity, it's likely that this additional insulin resistance is acting as a confounder (as well as, presumably, a standard deviation widener). Thus, I would expect similar results during hypocaloric carbohydrate restriction.
- research note
- fatty acid / fat / LCSFA(s) /
- diabetes / insulin sensitivity/resistance / blood sugar
- saturated fatty acid fat LCSFAs unsaturated ceramide intramuscular triglycerides intramyocellular lipid
- diabetes insulin sensitivity resistance blood sugar
- diet health lifestyle disease prevention and reversal food nutrients nutrition eat