2 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
I don't think seeing it in Rails PRs naturally means we should do it blankly. Put it another way, what's the justification in those PRs for doing it?
- understand the ramifications/effects/consequences
- understand both sides of an issue
- understand the trade-offs
- investing time to really understand something
- doing something without knowing why/how it works
- justification for existence
- fallacy: doing something because it's popular / everyone is doing it
And just because a feature or idiom is commonly used does not mean you should use it either.