3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
I don't think seeing it in Rails PRs naturally means we should do it blankly. Put it another way, what's the justification in those PRs for doing it?
- doing something without knowing why/how it works
- justification for existence
- investing time to really understand something
- understand the trade-offs
- fallacy: doing something because it's popular / everyone is doing it
- understand the ramifications/effects/consequences
- understand both sides of an issue
- Oct 2020
It could be nothing more than my mind coming up with ways to justify the absence of variable declarations, because the thought of implementing them scares me.
It's sort of unfortunate that the justification for existence comes from pointing at gaps.