3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
companies want to promote what the technology can do, so they de-emphasize that the way in which you do it is less than ideal
It makes me happy to see people actually think about things and not just accept a shitty API.
- describe the ideal hypothetical solution
- doing something without knowing why/how it works
- less than ideal / not optimal
- intentional/well-considered decisions
- "makes me happy when ..."
- actually consider / think about how it _should_ (ideally) be
- can we do even better?
- don't settle for/accept something that's not as good as it can be
- Jan 2021
Disk space is an issue. Resource usage is an issue. Those new packages nowadays need huge amount of storage to finally do the exact same thing as their older and lighter deb counterpart. Whatever the price of storage, it’s the opposite of a progress, it’s not optimal at all.