2 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
This column and last month's article are about design. Design, by nature, is a series of trade-offs. Every choice has a good and bad side, and you make your choice in the context of overall criteria defined by necessity. Good and bad are not absolutes, however. A good decision in one context might be bad in another.
- Jan 2021
Progress is made of compromises, this implies that we have to consider not only disadvantages, but also the advantages. Advantages do very clearly outweigh disadvantages. This doesn’t mean it perfect, or that work shouldn’t continue to minimize and reduce the disadvantages, but just considering disadvantages is not the correct way.
- do pros outweigh/cover cons?
- progress requires compromises
- improving one's process
- focus on ways/what you can improve
- constant evolution/improvement of software/practices/solutions
- good point
- the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few