5 Matching Annotations
- Mar 2021
There’s several benefits to splitting code into multiple packages, whether it be a library, micro-services or micro-frontends.
But I believe the core philosophy of tiny modules is actually sound and easier to maintain than giant frameworks.
"Functions Are Not Packages" - Well why not?
Small modules are extremely versatile and easy to compose together in an app with any number of other modules that suit your needs.
Write modules that are small. Iterate quickly.
- core/guiding beliefs/values/principles/philosophy/ideology
- monolithic/giant modules/libraries/packages/projects
- allowing developer/user to pick and choose which pieces to use (allowing use with competing libraries; not being too opinionated; not forcing recommended way on you)
- easy to maintain
- making changes / switching/migrating gradually/incrementally/step-wise/iteratively
- why not?
- small units/components/modules/libraries/packages/projects