- Apr 2023
The Museum of Modern Art acquires the MIT Press colophon by Chris Walton
The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) has acquired the MIT Press colophon, designed by Muriel Cooper, as part of its permanent collection. Designed in 1965 and now widely celebrated as a hallmark of modernist design, the iconic logo was abstracted from the letters “mitp” into the barcode-resembling design that stamps the spines of the press’s publications.
Muriel Cooper, the first design director of the MIT Press and a founding faculty member of MIT's Media Lab, designed the MIT Press colophon in 1965. The iconic colophon has been acquired by The Museum of Modern Art in 2023.
The commission had originally been offered to Paul Rand (o Eye Bee M logo fame) in 1962, but when he turned down the offer, he suggested they offer it to Cooper.
- Oct 2020
- The best projects start with goals and plans.
- The subconscious has so much to do with success.
- Our subconscious decides whether to accept something into our awareness based on something called "Hot Goals".
- From this udemy course, I will learn how to set goals with the MOMA subconscious method, by which I convert what's not working for me into a HOT GOAL.
- Achieving hot goals is the means of the subconscious mind to keep you safe even if it isn't necessary.
- If your goals have to become hot goals then, your conscious goals must translate to subconscious goals.