3 Matching Annotations
- Jul 2021
The goal of this tutorial is to describe Python development ecosystem.
- Install Python through pyenv (don't use python.org)
- Install dependencies with Poetry (miniconda3 is also fine for some cases)
- Write tests with pytest (default testing framework for Poetry)
- Check test coverage with pytest-cov plugin
- Use pre-commit for automatic checks before git commiting (for example, for automatic code refactoring)
- Lint your code with flake8 to easily find bugs (it is not as strict as pylint)
- Format your code with Black so that it looks the same in every project (is consistent)
- Sort imports with isort (so that they are nicely organised: standard library, third party, local)
- Jun 2021
- Jun 2020
Automate Python workflow using pre-commits: black and flake8
Super helpful how-to-guide for git pre-commit hooks.