1 Matching Annotations
- Jan 2019
This is the meaning of the “Day of Resurrection,” spoken of in all the scriptures, and announced unto all people. Reflect, can a more precious, a mightier, and more glorious day than this be conceived, so that man should willingly forego its grace, and deprive himself of its bounties, which like unto vernal showers are raining from the heaven of mercy upon all mankind?
I think this meaning is that "Resurrection" is the return of a Manifestation in another human frame. And this is stated to be clearly more glorious than the literal interpretations of past scripture.
Why is it clearly more glorious?
- Everyone has access. And it leads to empowerment.
- It allows us to keep science, which is pretty awesome.
- It doesn't allow us to just wait for the rapture - see point 1 about empowerment.
- It allows us to see all religions as united in spirit.
- Related to point 3 and 4, it allows us to unite with non-religious people.
- All of this without "doing violence to the facts".