- Mar 2021
ROI of Accessibility
Greg Williams, Deque Systems
4 main business cases (eCommerce case study):
- Increasing market share
- Controlling operational costs
- Managing risk profile
- Aligning digital presence with company core values
Increasing market share
- after-tax income for working-age people with disabilities in the US: $490 billion
- 20 million (35% of all people with disabilities) are US working age adults, age 16-64
- If you're not accessible and your competitor is, you lose that market share
- Vision, Hearing, Ambulatory, and Cognitive are most common disabilities
- Inaccessible e-commerce retailers losing out on $6.9B annually
Controlling operational costs
- "Click-in" payment costs much lower than call-in, mail-in, and walk-in (brick & mortar). Pushing to digital channel cuts costs - up to $14m. Can't push disabled customers to digital if experience is inaccessible.
- Blind users call company's customer service department 1x/week on average because of website inaccessibility. They call multiple times even when they have abandoned the transaction. Save time & $ on customer service calls.
- approx 10k ADA lawsuits per year. CA, NY, and FL are where lawsuits are most prevalent
- potential cost of complaints: blended rate of $120/hr when you consider support personnel, compliance/regulatory personnel, product management, devs, QA, testing, etc
- calculating proactive vs reactive fix loss, assuming 100 complaints annually, upwards of $1m per year cost for "reactive" fixes
- lawsuits: blended rate of $225/hr assuming company leadership, legal council, external SMEs, etc are involved
- DOJ could levy fine of $96,834 for first action while still requiring website to become accessible
Alignment with core values
- If mission or motto is to be inclusive, customer-centric, etc, are you really meeting that mission if you don't include a11y in priorities?
- Customers increasingly want to purchase from companies that share their view
- Consumers who have a negative or positive experience re: a11y tend to share with family and friends
- Feb 2021
- Oct 2020
The same way many social networks track keystone metrics like time to X followers, they should track the ROI on posts for new users. It's likely a leading metric that governs retention or churn. It’s useful as an investor, or even as a curious onlooker to test a social networks by posting varied content from test accounts to gauge the efficiency and fairness of the distribution algorithm.
- Jan 2020
Implementing live chat and having the right team of experts handling the conversations is essential. And the best thing here is you don’t need to add a single penny in your cost of app development. You just need to add a plugin for including live chat.
- Mar 2019
4 tips to implement just in time learning at your organization This article is published by Udemy so it would appear to be credible. Reading is a bit difficult because of the light font and a sales orientation can be discerned. Nonetheless it does have some useful tips such as encouraging professional developers to 'redefine how you measure learning.' rating 3/5
- Nov 2016
- Mar 2016
Le kilométrage varie selon les versions !
Là aussi, rien d'immuable, chaque époque imposant son interprétation et son ton.
Un journaliste du Voir a créé une liste de citations similaires intitulée : 5000 ans d'enfants roi. ;-)
Si jamais elle disparaissait du Voir, j'en ai une copie. Simplement m'écrire.