- Last 7 days
Mindfulness has been shown to be a valid approach to treating mental health disorders,” she says. “It has strong scientific support for its effectiveness in the prevention of depression relapse and in reducing rumination. It has been studied quite extensively in chronic pain management, addiction relapse prevention, appetite awareness for binge eating disorder — the list goes on and on.”
Did not know that mindfulness is a valid approach to treating mental health disorders.
Great scientific support for:
- Preventing depression relapse
- Reducing rumination
- Helps with chronic pain management
- Addiction relapse prevention
- Appetite awareness for binge eating disorder
it’s not about magically melting away anxiety. It’s about training your brain over time to work with you rather than against you, paying attention to what you actually want to be thinking about rather than whatever’s bringing you stress and rumination
Meditation is about:
- Training yourself to work with yourself rather than against yourself
- Be in more control over what you think. Be able to think about what you want to think rather than anything that pops into your mind.
- Oct 2020
Low, Rachel S. T., Nickola Overall, Valerie Chang, and Annette M. E. Henderson. ‘Emotion Regulation and Psychological and Physical Health during a Nationwide COVID-19 Lockdown’, 1 October 2020. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/pkncy.
- nationwide lockdown
- psychological distress
- emotion regulation strategies
- social functioning
- psychological health
- physical health
- risk factor
- emotion regulation