3 Matching Annotations
- Feb 2021
While Trailblazer offers you abstraction layers for all aspects of Ruby On Rails, it does not missionize you. Wherever you want, you may fall back to the "Rails Way" with fat models, monolithic controllers, global helpers, etc. This is not a bad thing, but allows you to step-wise introduce Trailblazer's encapsulation in your app without having to rewrite it.
- leaving the details of implementation/integration up to you
- focus on concepts/design/structure instead of specific/concrete technology/implementation
- freedom of user to override specific decision of an authority/vendor (software)
- focus on what it should do, not on how it should do it (implementation details; software design)
- making changes / switching/migrating gradually/incrementally/step-wise/iteratively
- allowing developer/user to pick and choose which pieces to use (allowing use with competing libraries; not being too opinionated; not forcing recommended way on you)
- newer/better ways of doing things
- rails: the Rails way
- Mar 2020
Personality makes each of us different. Our style of behavior, how we react, our worldview, thoughts, feelings, and how we interact in relationships are all part of what makes up our personality.
- Oct 2013
For when the philosophers would form their wise man, who is to be perfect in every respect, and, as they say, a kind of mortal god, they not only believe that he should be instructed in a general knowledge of divine and human things, but conduct him through a course of questions which are certainly little, if you consider them merely in themselves (as, sometimes, through studied subtleties of argument) not because questions about horns or crocodiles can form a wise man, but because a wise man ought never to be in error even in the least matters.
Claim on the "ideal" or "wise" man: must be versed in all things.