- Nov 2019
Ma conscience, d’où sortait-elle ? d’où tirait-elle ses pouvoirs ?
Réflexion authentiquement philosophique : philosophie de l’esprit, métaphysique, tentative d’auto-réflexivité.
- Oct 2017
There are further projects we might undertake, i
To do list going forward as suggested by Bethany Nowviskie.
- more effective communication
- foster collaborations
- find nobility in metadata enhancement, project maintenance & forward migration
- more agendas of empathy
- greater attention to matters of accessibility, minimal c computing (not sure what this is exactly!!)
- Libraries - need robust discourse around ephemerality. ( this is the concept of things being transitory, existing only briefly.)
- attend to the environmental & human cost of DH : CARBON FOOTPRINT , PRICE TAG
- bring technological savvy & deep historical conscience into the politics of 21st century.
- Amplify our voices
- Sep 2013
A child who has been veryleniently brought up can acquire a very strict conscience. But it would also be wrong to exaggerate thisindependence; it is not difficult to convince oneself that severity of upbringing does also exert a stronginfluence on the formation of the child’s super-ego.
genetic vs. environmental influences on the formation of conscience
First comes renunciation of instinct owing to fear of aggression by the external authority. (This is, ofcourse, what fear of the loss of love amounts to, for love is a protection against this punitive aggression.)After that comes the erection of an internal authority, and renunciation of instinct owing to fear of it - owingto fear of conscience
In (2) internal authority, bad intentions=bad actions, leads to guilt and punishment
instinctual renunciation (i.e. renunciation of instinct)--is it the source of conscience?